Monday, December 3, 2012

Workout of the WEEK

I'm sorry that I must have been busy studying for final exams and did not post a workout of the week for last week. Yeah, I know you've been dying for one... Well, to be honest, this past week I didn't have time for much at all. Thanksgiving week, I absolutely crushed it and was walking funny on Friday and Saturday because of it. I wanted to make sure I could eat what I wanted without gaining all those holiday lbs. I would like to give you a run-down of some things I did that week:
 
 
 

Burpee pull-ups
Over-head squats with 20lb ball
Rope climbs
Air squats
Tire flips
5 mile road march w/ Ruck 40 lbs
Sprints
Paddleboard 45 mins
Power-cleans
Dead-lifts
Shoulder-press
Push-ups
Pull-ups
Crunches
 
 
 
 
Anyone that is somewhat new to fitness and working out should try and pick three of these exercises. Example: Burpee pull-ups, air squats, & dead-lifts. Pick a set number of reps you want to do each one at. Like burpee pull-ups-5; air squats-25; dead-lifts say 125lbs at 10 reps. Once you do this, you can either set a timer and rotate through each exercise for 15 minutes, or maybe you want to do five rounds of this. A lot of these exercises are a total body workout and will get your heart-rate going fast. They will not only challenge your body but also your mind. So, get outside, grab a partner or be solo, pick a few from the list and see what you got. Challenge yourself TODAY!
 
My next training event I will sign up for is Here, check it out. I did one a couple of years ago and had the some of the best times of my life. There is also a video shown below of the event I'm talking about.
 
 
 
 
*Many of the exercises mentioned I have posted a brief description of or posted a video in the past.
 Check out my archives for the other Workout of the Weeks, thanks.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment