Monday, November 12, 2012

More Appreciation Shown for Veterans

I hope everyone had a great Veterans Day weekend. I know I did. I went to the Farmer's Market in downtown St. Pete on Saturday, went paddle boarding, and finished off with my free dinner Sunday night at Applebees. I'm not sure how with one other meal, a small appetizer and two beers made it a little over 30$ but it did. Anyways, there are still a number of restaurants that are showing their appreciation for Veterans on Monday.

Let's start with the Olive Garden. Olive Garden will have a small list of entrees that will be free for Veterans. This is for Monday, Nov. 12th, 2012 and some will also be giving out a free 10$ gift card for a future visit back.
 
The Golden Corral. I know what your thinking, not the best place in the world but the variety is amazing as well as the desserts. On Monday, Nov. 12th, from 4-9pm all Golden Corrals nationwide will be giving free dinners to any person who has ever served in the United States Military.
 

 
 
 
Another great place that was extending their appreciation for Vets from Sunday to Monday is BJ's Brewhouse.  A free lunch entree on Monday or mini/individual pizza one topping for dinner. Here's their flyer:
 
 
Just remember that all places will need some sort of proof: valid military ID, a DD 214, be in uniform, a Veterans card. Sometimes there can be a wait, I waited for 30 mins, but it really shows how many Veterans we do have in the United States. I was waiting anxiously thinking about all the different branches we have in the United States. I looked around and literally saw at least one from each branch at the Applebees I was going to eat at. It really didn't even matter the age, which nowadays varies from 80-20, we were all enjoying a meal together in our own way. I looked across the bar and got a nod from the looks of a 55 year old man with a Vietnam Vet hat on. He knew that I had served too.
 
From serving two years to 30 years, combat tour or not, we all have one thing in common and a respect for each other. We all raised our right hand to, "defend this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment