Monday, November 12, 2012

Workout of the Week

During these rough times of mid-terms and such my gym time is the first thing that goes. I cannot slack on my school work because I need to hit the gym. First school, then gym, Arghhh. I know that's what I was thinking too. After all my hard work the past couple of months and then I got to take a week off, Noway...and that's why I kill myself with a workout of the week. I usually do these on a Saturday or Sunday. This is because not as many people are in the gym to get in my way. I'm all over the place. So, here we go again...

I started this Saturday morning with a friend of mine at North Shore Beach, on the inside of the Tampa Bay Pinellas County side, with a 1 hour session of paddle boarding.

After this, another one of my buddies and his friend met me at the beach park there and we did a 15 minute workout as follows:
  1. Rope undulation workout.
  2. Burpees!
  3. Clean and jerk with 60 lb bag that has handles.
We each rotated through for a duration of 45 seconds until the buzzer went off at 15 minutes.
I then went off on a light two mile jog I have mapped out around my neighborhood. Well, that was enough for me and I was off to the Farmer's Market in St. Pete. After I showered, I was still sweating from this one. It took me an hour just to cool my body down, go try and see for yourself.

Sometimes I ask myself why I do this...Well, one reason is so when I enter myself into the Tough Mudder competition, I won't pass out, lol.
Check this out, coming to a location near you!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment