Monday, October 22, 2012

3rd Annual Veterans Week

As we all hopefully know, Veterans Day is Monday, November, 12th. Since it's on a Monday, the week prior to that USF Veterans Student Association will be holding the 3rd Annual USF Veterans Week. I want to put out some important information about the festivities that will be taking place during the week of Nov. 6th - 8th.
On Tuesday, November 6th at 10:45am in the MSC Amphitheater, will be the Veterans Day Ceremony. All are welcome to attend the ceremony honoring our women and men of all those who served in the Armed Forces. U.S. Army Ranger Maj. Jeff Struecker, retired, will be giving a speech at the ceremony too. He was the convoy leader in the Battle of Mogadishu, portrayed in the movie Black Hawk Down. The Major will also be doing a book signing after the ceremony.



On Wednesday, November 7th from Noon- 2:00pm in the MSC Amphitheater, this will be for all those who want to participate , eat or just love chili. It's the Chili Cook-Off and should be an exciting event. If you want to be in the running for the best chili you need to sign up by November 1st.
If you do not want to cook up a batch of chili, just do what I'm going to do, taste all the competitors chili, hahaha.



Lastly, On Thursday, November 8th, the Veterans Outreach Expo will take place from 10:00am-2:00pm ALN Courtyard which is outside the Office of Veterans Services. To all Veterans, active duty or reserve components, dependents, they will be going over veterans' benefits during this Expo. Also, you will be able to find out about military friendly employment, health care and much more. Don't forget before the holidays so your not sick as a dog, they are giving free flu shots for veterans too. I just had mine so no thank you. I hope to see you all out at any one of these events supporting our Vets especially the Chili Cook-Off, I know I'll be there.

1 comment:

  1. CHILI COMPETITION!!!!!!!!

    I had my Jerry McGuire moment when I read that. "You had me at chili. you had me at chili."

    I just might have to sign up for that. I always enjoy entering cooking competitions. I may not always win but I sure do have a good time. This time it is for a great cause. Thanks for putting this up. I never would have known about it unless you brought it to my attention.

    See you there.

    ReplyDelete