Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Killers Trial Postponed do to Facial Hair

Come on, seriously. Do you remember the Fort Hood shooting November of 2009? I do but if you do not let me refresh your memory. 13 deaths and 32 people wounded. Maj. Nidal Hasan went on a shooting rampage in Fort Hood, Texas. One of the main reasons I remember this so well, I was in and around the building in Fort Hood, Texas where this tragic event took place a month and a half later. I was processing into Fort Hood with my Guard unit from Florida getting ready for a deployment. The security was quite stiff but I don't blame them at all.

Maj. Nidal Hasan, a military psychiatrist, opened up firing on innocent soldiers at the processing center on the Army base in Texas. This was a complete and utter tragedy. I thought this guy was already put away as I'm sure you folks did too. Well, that's not the case at all. His trial has been put on hold until further notice. You may ask why? Hasan tells the judge, "Your honor, in the name of almighty Allah, I am a muslim. I believe that my religion requires me to wear a beard. The problem with this is Army regulations prevent soldiers from wearing beards while in uniforms; Hasan is still considered a soldier, unfortunately. The Army courts says it will be delayed until they can figure a way to forcibly shave his beard off.

I believe the small technicality of his beard should not be an issue compared to the innocent soldiers he shot and killed. I'm sure about four to five military police can figure out a way to shave his face. He wasn't playing by any rules of the U.S. military so why should they when it comes to his trial? This guy is just trying to postpone the inevitable, his death.

CNN news stated that Hasan was a U.S.- born citizen of Palestinian descent and joined the Army as a psychiatrist in 1997. They also stated that he has been taunted since the September 11th attack in 2001 and was scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan before the killings. Hasan was paralyzed was from the waist down after the horrific event.

This poor excuse for a human, regardless of his race or religion, should be convicted and sentenced to death for killing and injuring innocent people. Beard or not? Relevant, you be the judge.

To beard or Not to Beard? It shouldn't matter.

2 comments:

  1. That's absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe he was able to pull that crap. I am sure there is plenty of people that would gladly hold him down and shave his beard off, given the chance I know others would do worse. He deserves what is coming to him and he will get it in the end no matter what stunts he pulls now to prolong it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about this article showing how little the US values the lives of the people that get caught in the crossfire, those people wont even have a chance to have a trial...and the people that killed them, dont go to jail, dont lose their job, and dont have to deal with a media frenzy...they come home and are praised as FREEDOM FIGHTERS. guess what, karma is a bitch and so is PTSD.

    http://www.iraqbodycount.org/analysis/beyond/the-price-of-loss/

    in no case did the government accept guilt for the deaths of these innocent civilians. the highest possible payment for losing a family member, 2500 dollars...yea, fucking pathetic.

    oh and ill say it again THIS WAS A BLACK OP, THE CIA DRUGGED HIM AND SET HIM UP.

    ReplyDelete