Monday, October 29, 2012

Workout of the Week

An old National Guard buddy of mine, I met in an Army Combative Course, called me up and said, "Let's go on a road march." I was thinking that I definitely needed to go on one especially with those 20 mph winds, hahaha. "It's good training," that's what I always say. We went out to Fort De Soto on the Pinellas County side by Tierra Verde. Man was it windy. Halfway down the beach and the other half on the trail head.
Things you'll need:
  1. Ruck sack/Good hikers backpack.
  2. Some good shoes/boots.
  3. Water.
  4. Motivation.
All in all, it was a beautiful afternoon out at Fort De Soto. The temperature was perfect and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore kept a sort of cadence in your mind. Set the timer for one hour, which ended up being one hour and fifteen minutes but who's counting. We estimated it was about five-six miles do to some jogging in there too. Grab your Ruck and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment