Sunday, October 21, 2012

Workout of the Week

It's that time again to carb-up a day prior and find some stored energy for this one. I had some amazing pasta with a spicy sauce and plenty of broccoli with a couple beers too, ah haha...
First thing first, You need to head to your gym, your buddies home gym or have your own set up for this:
  1. Power Cleans- 4 sets of 10 @ 115 lbs.
  2. Kettle bell swings- 4 sets @ 10 ea. arm 35 lbs.
  3. Lunges- 4 sets @ 5 per leg with 25 lbs in ea. arm.
After I did four rounds of that ^, I did a mild chest workout involving only flat bench and incline dumbbell press. Workout follows:
  1. Flat bench- 4 sets, 135lbs.-12reps, 185lbs.-10, 205lbs.-6, 225lbs.-4.
  2. Incline dumbbell press- 3 sets, 65lbs.-12reps, 70lbs.-10, 85lbs.-8.
Just when I thought I was finished, I got back to my house and realized how beautiful it was outside Saturday. So, I decided to go out on my paddleboard for 45 mins and made that my last, but fun, workout of the day. Not only was I catching some rays, looking at crabs and fish in the flats but I was getting in my last workout on the water. What a way to take your mind off the pain. I just wish I had the time to get in a workout last week then I probably wouldn't have to do so much in one day, eh maybe. Until the next painful event...



1 comment:

  1. Have you ever done crossfit? Your workouts remind me of some of the ones I have done during a WOD. I am pretty jelly that you got out on the water, sounds like it was an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete