Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Workout of the Week

OK, you might be wondering why I like to post a workout of the week? Well, along with a couple of my workout partners help, my intent is to give people innovative ways to change things in their own routine to keep your muscles guessing. Another great reason, I usually put myself out for a day or two after one of these workouts. So if I know I am going to be busy for any next up coming days, I will do one of these "workout of the week" routines because they will torment you and make you extremely sore.

Here we go again, I started this Sunday early morning approximately 9:05 with a basic chest workout follows:
  1. Flat Bench- 135lbs, 20 reps- 185,12- 205,10- 225,8
  2. Incline Dumbbell Press- 70lbs,10 reps- 80,10- 90,8 
  3. Cable Flys- 40lbs, 15 reps- 50,12- 50,12
I completed this in about 20 minutes. Now, on to the next routine for three rounds.
  1. Pull-up burpees- @ 5 reps
  2. Dead lifts- 185lbs, 10 reps
  3. Kettle bell swings alt. arms 10 reps ea. arm
Remember you can do the above for a set time or a certain amount of rounds. I did three rounds of it. There are little to no breaks in between just enough for a sip of water or to catch your breath. Oh, I also did ten minutes of Abs after. Here are a couple of videos for some demonstrations.
Kettle bell swing demonstration.
Burpee pull-up for those who don't know.


1 comment:

  1. Burnouts!!!!!!!
    I'm familiar with these. I have done these in the past when I competed in biking, or racing. I would do those for a couple weeks before the race and then take 9 days off before.

    I used to enjoy the feeling, now I'm not sure if I could even get through a whole set. I did the P90x for a while as well.

    I think I need to get back into muscle-confusion work-outs again. I have become a bit too predictable in my work-out routines. Biking, tennis, racket ball, and running are not getting the results I need as I get older. The longer I sit here typing and thinking about what I "used" to do and what I do "not" do now is compelling me out the door. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete